Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Video and Pics from Assumption Grotto's Fat Tuesday Cotillion



Each year on "Fat Tuesday" - the day before Ash Wednesday, Assumption Grotto has a Cotillion involving a few hundred people.  It's a family affair with a band that plays music from the 17th and 18th centuries.  Some dress in old world garb; others come dressed in contemporary clothing.  There's lots of food in the hallway, and it's a fun event all the way around.

I have more photos, but did not have time to process them.  I'll get to those with my backlog soon. But I wanted to share this composite of three short video clips.








This looks like trouble!







COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG HAVE BEEN DISABLED INDEFINITELY.

For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.