Thursday, January 19, 2012

Awesome: Why I love religion, and love Jesus

Seen at the Aggie Catholics blog this morning, was this video. It's done in the same manner as the young man, Jeff Bethke, who did the Why I hate religion, but love Jesus video.


Marcel also points out in his blogpost that Jeff is admitting he has made some errors in his video.  In part, he says:

If I can be brutally honest I didn’t think this video would get much over a couple thousand views maybe, and because of that, my points/theology wasn’t as air-tight as I would’ve liked. If I redid the video tomorrow, I’d keep the overall message, but would articulate, elaborate, and expand on the parts where my words and delivery were chosen poorly… My prayer is my generation would represent Christ faithfully and not swing to the other spectrum….thankful for your words and more importantly thankful for your tone and fatherly like grace on me as my elder. Humbled. Blessed. Thankful for painful growth. Blessings (Source)

Some people responded in a very harsh way. When I saw the guy's video, I saw a young man who believed he was saying the right things, and thought he was doing good, in the name of Jesus. This is different from someone who not only hates religion, but hates anything to do with Jesus.

A number of people tried to respond to Jeff's video, taking the high road by not unloading on him as if he was a militant atheist. It looks like that approach is working and, based on the young man's words, making him think.

I believe Jeff Bethke is searching for answers more than anything. I hope he continues to search for truth itself. May God give him many graces to find his way. It may very well lead him to Catholicism. What he will find is the Church Jesus Christ instituted, full of imperfect people who are also stumbling along.

If you didn't see Fr. Robert Barron's response to this, you will want to.  He too, takes the high road, and does not speak with any condescension toward's Jeff. 

For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.