Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Lady of Lourdes

A photo taken at the celebration of the 150th Anniversary of Our Lady of Lourdes last year. Following Mass, all priests and deacons knelt before the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and led a full church in the Holy Rosary.


It's been a long two weeks with my mother's right hand all crippled up from an acute gout attack. It is slowly getting better, but will take time to come down. In the meanwhile, I'm going over there nearly daily or every other day, alternating with my brother to see to her needs (it's amazing how you can take your dominant hand for granted).

I've not been posting in the AM, if that explains why this comes at the end of this feast day, rather than at the beginning.

With that, I was able to make the 7:00pm Mass and was glad I got to Grotto. Following Mass, Fr. Perrone had asked all priests celebrating Masses today to allow the faithful to venerate a relic of St. Bernadette. We knelt at the altar railing, and Fr. Ward, wearing a cope, brought it past each of us to kiss.


Te Deum Laudamus! Home


The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!