Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Seeing a "virus" when visiting this blog? Don't panic

I just learned from a reader who kindly sent me an email that her computer was indicating my website had a virus:

Actns/Swif.T

If you have seen this when visiting sites it is likely not the sites, but an error in the code of your virus/spyware checker. It is reading part of the embed code as malware - something harmful.

In this post, the person claims to have spoken with YouTube and Google and it is not a legitimate virus, but an error.

In any event, I have removed embedded videos from my front page for the time being.

False alarm: Actns/Swif.T Virus in embedded Youtube videos?

Actns/Swif.T virus affecting embedded YouTube vids?



Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!