Saturday, June 21, 2008

In the news....

I need to turn my attention to my home which looks like a hurrican blew right through. I was out of town on business yesterday and came straight back to Assumption Grotto for adoration and Mass knowing I was too tired to do anything else when I returned. The meeting was in the Grand Rapids area. I was feeling a bit grimey as my coffee slipped out of my hands and into my lap as I was driving. Needless to say, my car seat looks like I had an accident! Why didn't I buy seat covers?!?!?

There is a very important event coming up at Assumption Grotto and I have more details forthcoming, but because readership is much lower on the weekends, I am waiting to post on Sunday and will likely step back from posting as much as possible to give it the greatest visibility to those visiting my site (and to catch up on some other things).

Friday, June 27th at Grotto - Save the Date!!!
There has not been much publicity at Grotto yet, but it has been mentioned on Ave Maria Radio and in some other places. This weekend, I'm sure it will be announced, and perhaps

Next Friday, June 27th, at 10:00am, Bishop Flores will celebrate Mass for aborted babies found in a local dumpster. He will be joined in our cemetery by Fr. Frank Pavone of Priests for Life who will eulogize these infants. And, they will be buried in our cemetery behind the Church. Please set the date aside and come back to read a more detailed post Monday morning.

I am starting my weeklong vacation a day early on account of this. I know another person who is doing the same. By whatever means possible, please try to come if you are able, and give these infants the love they deserve during their Mass and burial.

Recent News...

This first article highlights why God chose to give Peter - that is, Peter here on earth, the keys to the kingdom - to bind and lose. The Anglican situation reveals what happens when each person (in this case various church leaders), choose to let their own [malformed] conscience guide them. Please pray for the conservative Anglicans - may they find that all they desire in unity can be found in the Catholic faith, where the Magisterium is unwavering in it's teachings. Man has tried to loosen those teachings through relativism, but the Holy Spirit has kept His promise enabling the Church to prevail against those kinds of assaults seen now amongs Anglicans and other denominations. There can't be two or more truths and some would like us to believe we can have it all ways.

On the political front is an interesting collection on Obama and Infanticide at the Catholic League. It doesn't get any worse than this.

Also noteworthy at the blog of the American Papist for those in metro Detroit:


Te Deum Laudamus! Home

Only the free can choose obedience to Magisterial teachings. The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; rather, it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!.