Monday, August 21, 2006

Catholic Embroidery that Rocks!

I wish I had thought of this sooner, but I just want to put a plug in here for Mother Most Admirable, or more formally - in Latin: Mater Admirabilis.

An Assumption Grotto parishioner, Adrian, runs this business, and has really nice embroidered goods for Catholics. He also takes orders for various Catholic groups. I've seen his work for the Grotto K of C, and in the Assumption Grotto Giftshop with several designs bearing the parish name. He makes hats too, and can embroider things not shown, as well.

I have a few of his items, my favorite of which is this design, which you gotta love! Just read it and ponder for a moment. It takes some people a little time to get it! I've seen this in different color combinations. I have a dark blue sweatshirt with silver/blue thread, and I have a carmelite-like color combination of beige, with dark maroon thread.



You will see many other designs too, if you click through his side bar, including Eucharistic, Sacred Heart, and even designs for babies!

"Grotto-wear", as we will call it - that is, anything bearing the name of Assumption Grotto - is something typically sold exclusively through the parish giftshop. However, if you are interested and do not live close enough to stop in, contact Adrian at his website, or call Cathy in the giftshop at 313-371-0390 to inquire.

There is no shopping cart at this site, so just contact him through email or by phone to find out how he works things out!

Here are a couple more samples...






You can find a link to Mater Admirabilis at the top of this post, but I am adding it to my blogroll in the lower sidebar.

Go visit Mater Admirabilis and tell them Diane from Te Deum sent you! There's nothing in it for me, but satisfaction that others can promote the faith by literally wearing it on their sleeve (or more properly, on their chest!).